1. Magenta Cement. I did not know this could be done but I do now!
2. "To be honest, I find this rather troubling." - Husband Via Nacho Polo
"To be honest, we are not surprised." - Readers of Casapinka
Husband to the marriage counselor: "She spends 14 hours a day doing laundry in a closet and I just don't understand why." Via Gardenview Cottage
3. Death by Vanilla - recipe here.
4. A house we're looking at today. I can't even get excited because Husband understands two words when it comes to houses: BRICK and MCMANSION. He is sure this house is photoshopped which is why he's agreed to go see it. "Houses don't look like this!" A very good knitting friend lives right across the street. It would be so fun to work on this house and pop over for coffees and knitting (Hi Meg!)
5. Such a wonderful room. Every color in this is just perfect to me.
6. Husband wonders why I spend so much time on the stairs while we're house hunting. It's because I'm working out the execution of the SLAIR. Not just for the kids. How could one not want a slide next to the stairs - this is architectural genius in my mind. I do, however, worry about Junior riding a bike down it while unattended. From Oh dee doh - look at the other fun things on the link, too.
I'm actually serious about the "slair." I'm not sure how to broach it with Husband. If he comes home to find a slide attached to his stairs he will either 1. Be completely unsurprised, or 2. Want to kill me. He's the one who always tells me it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission, though. A slair, however, may be walking a very tight line.
7. Pretty collections. Clutter is a drag but these blue jars together are stunning. Do you have a collection? I have a collection of yarn. It's not supposed to be a collection, though. I'm supposed to knit it so I can buy more. I collect magazine because I could look at them forever. Magazines with colorful pages really make me happy. I guess I also collect (well, I buy them when we need them) bright colored dishes - bowls, glasses etc. I love the way they look through the glass doors of my kitchen.
8. My numero uno style icon, Iris Apfel. Every time I see a picture of this woman I hang her on my bulletin board. I love her. I guess I've probably mentioned that a couple hundred times throughout the years. Today I'm going to dress to honor Iris. I'll have someone take my picture to prove it. If you look to the left she seems to own a rather large puffy pink blouse.
9. I really want to make myself a pink tulle skirt, and Juniorette wants an aqua one. I'm pretty sure this tutorial is for an ADULT tulle skirt - what little kid wants something like this, anyway?! Tutorial at Simple Simon and Co
10. And finally, to send you off into your weekend, some inspirational words that I found via She's a Fit Chick. I was visiting She's a Fit Chick because I don't feel very fit. I need to increase my cardio endurance, past popping open a can of Diet Coke. Well, Fit Chick made me feel better because she talks about passion. I have lots of passion! So, of course I still need to go back to her website and find out how to do Cardio Knitting but I loved her posts on inspiration. Enjoy your weekend, everyone. Next week you're going to see a welcome mat that I'm crocheting out of neon boat rope, and it's going to knock your socks off, so get plenty of rest.